Thursday, May 1, 2008

What I did on my spring vacation.















Time sure goes fast when your having a blast. Almost at the last minute we decided to go to North Carolina for our neices wedding. We left last thursday and got back yesterday. It was a nice time for a road trip. We stayed with Butch's younger brother Terry and his wife Darleen. They live in Lincolnton NC. Tonya the one that got married lives in Belmont NC. Tonya and Ryan got married on saturday. She not only gained a husband but she got two stepdaughters in the deal. She already had a son. On sunday after a small family get together of the ones that traveled and the ones that live there we left and headed to Gatlinberg and Pidgon Forge for a couple of days. We really like the Smokey Mountains. We did all the usual tourest things like siteseeing and shopping. We didn't do Dollywood this time because time didn't allow us to. I had to be back to work on May 1st. We did do a different show this time and if you ever go there I recomend it to everyone. It was the comedy barn and it is a show that you can take the little ones to. I don't think I laughed that much in a long time. Whats more the kids that was there thought it was as funny as the adults. While in Pigeon Forge Shawn got the brain storm that him and I should get tattoes together, so we did just not the same thing. I got a sunflower and a bluebird on my ankle. I am not sure what his is supposed to be. That is kind of hard taking a picture of my own ankle. If this would have been my first one it might have been my last. This one hurt when he was doing it. Shawn said it was because he really drilled it in and it is closer to the bone than my other one. One of the best parts was that the Peace Frog store was still there and I got 2 shirts and two stickers for on my car. This is the house that we stayed at . This is a brand new house and very nice inside. I was a little afraid that I was going to spill something and mess it up somehow. I made it with no messes or anything else. They put us in the Disney Room. It was filled with all things Disney. Believe it or not but it went really well with 7 adults and 4 kids all trying to get ready Saturday for the wedding. We had no bathroom clashes or anything else. Terry made us breakfast every morning. He is a pretty good cook. It was a nice weekend with them. We don't see them often enough. Their little boy is growing up faster it seems than if we saw them all of the time. He will be 4 this month. I looked for quilt shops the whole time we were gone. I only saw one sign for one but it was around 7pm on Sunday and I didn't even go to find it cause I knew that they was closed. I went to work today and when I got there I found out that I don't work tomorrow. I could get used to this one day a week!!! Until I get my paycheck.

No comments: