Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Brittany's Flip Flops

This story starts when we went to Hawaii in 2005. I bought Brittany and I matching flip flops and we wore them all of the time. Then in 2006 we went to Kings Island for a couple of days and one of the days we went to a big water park. Grandpa couldn't go in the water so I put my floppers on the back of the wheelchair to keep them with us. Brittany saw what I did with mine so she put hers in the chair beside grandpa and to make a long story short one of hers got lost. She was pretty upset about it. I have been trying to get her another pair just like the ones that got lost. I went on line and tried every way that I could think of to get them. Thanks to my friend Kare whose daughter lives in Hawaii I finaly got her a pair. I gave them to Brittany last night and she was really excited about getting them. My mission is complete!!!!!!! No one knew that I was still trying to get her some. I hope she don't try to wear them with her prom dress this saturday. I haven't done any sewing this week. Just at work and that don't count. The company that I work for decided that with the gas prices getting so high that we are going to work 4 ten hour days instead of 5 eights. Bummer, I hate working ten hours. the only good thing about that is we get a three day weekend. On friday Butch and I will be going to the zoo with Nick's class. Sounds like fun we haven't gone there since Nick was little. With all of the kids should be fun watching them. Hope it don't rain. My other plans for this weekend is to finish putting the raffle quilt together. Shouldn't take too long I don't have much to do on it yet. Then I won't feel guilty for working on my things. Lisa already has my challenge quilt so I am waiting for that to get done. She said it would be done by the end of this month. Lisa in my longarm quilter and cousin.

No comments: