Friday, May 23, 2008

The zoo and Brittany's prom















Back again. On friday May 16 Butch and I went to the zoo with Nick's 1st. grade class. We had Nick and one of his friends, Logan, to walk around with. We had fun with the boys and wished that we had more time to spend there. In order for the kids to be back to school on time we only had 21/2 hours to see as much as we wanted to. Logan didn't care as long as he got to see the monkeys. Nick wanted to see everything. We had to take a sack lunch and Nick wanted to take a bologna sandwich so thats what we took. Nick is the one in front. On May 17 was Brittany's junior prom. She went with a group of girl friends and one of the girls cousins that was male but just decided to tag along with them. Brittany is on the right side in the black and white dress.
Sone of the girls didn't get to the picture place on time so I did't get them in the group picture. I think that they were all beautiful that day, but then I think that Britt is beautiful every day. When we got a granddaughter we got the best one of all. Her mom's friend, Angie, did her hair and I had to show it because I thought it was so cute. Look at that smile! Britt has a smile on her face almost all of the time. It was a proud moment for all of us last night. After many years of starting and stopping Brittany's dad Gary recieved his GED. After the ceramony we went to the Eagles for a little party of cake and laughter.

Way to go Gary!!!!!!! I think that I have picked out the blocks that I am going to do with the fabric I am getting from the family fat quarter exchange. I am going to do a puss in the corner block. The pattern that I am looking at makes a 6" block so I will need a lot of them. When the year is over I will have 84 hopefully all different fabrics. There is 7 of us in the family group now and every year we do some kind of exchange with fabric or blocks. We also get together every other month so it keeps us in touch. My aunt Carol has been bringing grandma with her so it also lets her see part of the family more than once a year. Of course we have some of the family that hasn't seen her since she got sick and went to live if Elmwood Asit. Living. That was 7 or 8 years ago. Close family, huh. I really have three different quilts that I want to make with my FQ's for this year. Too bad my Quilt Barn's not finnished. I still need to find some one to do my wiring. Once I get that done it should go faster. I would like to be moved in sometime this summer. I don't know if that will happen or not. It will be so nice to be able to work on things without having to move them when I'm done for the day. I keep going back to the nickle quilts books for quilts to make. I must love the scrap quilts.

No comments: