Sunday, June 22, 2008

I had a great weekend!

This was a great weekend for me. Friday I didn't do much of anything, I couldn't I didn't get up untill 1:00pm. I do sleep late sometimes but not that long. My late is around 10 or 10:30. We went shopping for things that we needed for the cookout on saturday. The family quilters were coming to my house. We cooked chicken legs and thighs on the grill. We quilters exchanged our secret sister bags and they had birthday presents for Aunt Carol and I since our birthdays are in June. I got cows, fabric, and some tools to use with my quilting. My stepdaughter called while everyone was here. She forgot my birthday on the right day and was sorry. Brittany brought my present over later that afternoon. More fabric and buttons and a giftcard for Joann's. All things that I really like. We had our fat quarter exchange and I can't figure out what I want to make yet. I know that it will be a quilt but I don't know what pattern or how big it will be. When we are all done with the exchange we will have 84 different fabrics. At least we hope they will all be different. The last time we did this I made my bearpaw quilt. Last year we did scraps. I haven't used all of mine. I made some tiny bowties with the first scrapbags I got.I don't know if I liked exchanging scraps I can make enough of my own without getting them from someone else. I like doing FQ's or blocks. I bought Quilters home mag. today, That man sure can make me laugh! It seems like he knows each and every one of us. And coments on all of our bad habits. While I was shopping at Joann's today I found a bright colored stripe fabric that I think will work with my retreat challenge quilt as the outside border and a solid purple that might work as the binding. I will have to wait till I get the quilt done to that point. I could change my mind. It has been really quiet here this weekend Nick is on vacation with his mom and Korey and Gert went home yesterday morning. Nick called a little while ago and said that they are on the way home. Going through Dayton at that time. I was going to sew today but I never got past putting my new buttons away and cleaning up Nicks mess in there. I wish the barn was done. It still has no power. I have been tempted to run a heavy duty cord out there and using it that way. If we could get it wired I would move out there. The man that was going to wire it has been sick for awhile now. We went to a farm market today and got fresh from the field strawberries. Short cake tomorrow night, yum! I could keep on going but I have to get ready for bed 3:30 comes early.

No comments: