Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Is this our summer?

Where did the sun go? I get the pool opened and cleaned up after being closed all winter and the sun goes away. It took Nick and I three days to get the dirt and leaves cleaned out and to get the water sparkly clean so I thought that he and I would get to swim and play last night and tonight but it is way too cold to swim [its not heated unless the sun is out]. Nick leaves tomorrow for vacation with his mom. I am almost ready to turn the heat back on in the house. If it does not warm up for the weekend I hope I can get some sewing done. Nick won't be here to kick me out of "his room" . Saturday is the family quilt get together. That is always fun. Nothing like a day of eating and gossiping. And oh yea quilts! Thats what it is all about. It also keeps some of us in the family in touch. The last three quilt blocks for the raffle quilt has been found so it will be bigger than it was in the picture. Like we have been looking for them for about 2 months maybe longer. Today is my 50/th birthday. It has been a very uneventfull day. You would think that something would happen. Something good I would hope. I don't feel like I am 50 or that I am smarter than at 49 but maybe that will come later. The day just comes and goes like every other day. Bummer I wanted fireworks or something!!!! Butch and Nick did bake me a cake today.

No comments: