Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What is that on my deck?

Nick and I took our nightly dip in the pool after I got home from work and after about an hour I was ready to get out. I was ready to eat. As I climbed up the ladder I looked up and there was this thing staring at me. It was not the prettiest thing I have ever seen. Nick said that he had one outside his bedroom window and it kept staring at him through the window and crept him out. I think that he was a little scared of it. I knew that I had to get it on my camera so I hurried in to get it. By the time I got back out there it had climbed up to the top deck. Moves pretty fast. It does have some good traits Like after sex it kills and eat the male. And it eats bugs in my yard. Can you guess what it is?

It is a praying mantis. It was not a full grown one. I hope that I don't have to fish it out of the pool tomorrow night.

No comments: