Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Summer and Birthday

This is a flower that is in my garden. It was really pretty this year.I have these in about 4 colors. I used to have lots of flowers in my garden and then my DH decided to take over my beds. Now I have alot less because he thinks that he has to pull everything up by the roots.Ryan came over a couple of weeks ago and spent the night with Nick. The boys wanted to swim. Ryan was scared a first but I showed him that the floaty suit wouldn't let him go under and then he was ok with it. Ryan is Shawns second son. We don't get to see him very often. Of course Nick is like a little fish in the pool .This is the first year he hasn't had to wear a floaty. He is tall enough that he can touch without one.

Nicks birthday was on the 18th and he was lucky this year. He got 2 cakes, one on his day and one last saturday when we had a little party for him. He wanted Batman things so we gave him money and Mom gave him a gift card to Walmart. Shawn and Jamie gave him a Hot Wheels crash em up set.











I had to post this picture of DH. I looked into the living room one night last week and this is what I saw. It was soo funny that I had to take his picture. Don't tell him that I posted it. He might get a little mad at me. I just had to do it.
I haven't done any sewing this week but I did draw out 4 mariners compasses that I want to do someday.I don't want to do a big quilt just a small one as these blocks are only 8" . I need to draw out a couple more, maybe. Gotta go. I want to have some popcorn and I can't eat and type at the same time. Its not like eating icecream. Karen

1 comment:

maziegirl31 said...

I love this picture of Butch doing what we all love to do these days...napping!!!! Love to all you cuz in FL, Carolyn