Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy things!

Wow where to start? I guess I will start about 2 weeks ago when we went to a cancer benifet and I bought a tip ticket for a basket filled with stuff. I won! The basket really was a quilted bag that I have been looking at the pattern to buy it. Now I don't have to. The things in the bag was really nice too. Thats the only thing we won all night but I liked it. I have all of the blocks done for the Fatty, Fatty 2x4 quilt done. I goofed when I was cutting for them. I needed around 50 because I am not putting big borders on it. I cut enough for 94 blocks. Oops! So Nick will get a matching quilt for his bed which is a good thing because he doesn't have one to fit a twin. The next good thing is that I am getting the Barn wired.Yeah!!! My moms boyfriend started it on sunday. He has all of the plugs wired and will get my lights wired this coming weekend. I cann't wait. Its been a long time getting this far. It still might be next summer before I can move in it but its getting closer.I won't know how to act when I can have all of my fabric in one place and not hidden in the garage in totes. Then I can do some real stash busting. All of my quilts will be scrap ones then. I will need to use up all of the 1/3 yard cuts that I used to buy. Mostly cause I didn't know any better. Who knew that quilts took more fabric than that? Not me. But I quickly learned that I had to buy more of one fabric. And I do.

I know that I took a picture of my barn after I painted it red but do you think I could find it. NO. I have to wait till tomorrow when I can take one when it is not dark out. Happy Quilting Karen

No comments: