Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Barn Bits and More






My update on my quilting barn is that my rafters are now braced up so that when we put in the drywall up my ceiling won't sag. I hate it when my things sag. Don't you?? I hope that this weekend Garry will put in my breaker box and wire my lights and put up the loft. I can feel it getting closer. My excitement level is getting up there again. To think that I will be able to leave everything out and know that I won't have little fingers getting in to everything and I won't have to worry about them trying to use my scissors and cutters. I won't have holes cut in sheets and pillowcases and no more quilt blocks cut in half!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have both fatty, fatty quilt tops done now all I have to do is quilt them and the binding. They turned out nice I can see me making more of them. Every fabric that I used was Thimbleberries. I ended up with 4 blocks left over. Or a start of the next one. I had to go back to work monday morning. 5:00 came pretty early after having 5 weeks off. I should have been born rich! Or married money! I guess we can't all be wealthy. I know quite whinning and be thankfull for what I do have. I am.Nick's quilt is on the left and his is a twin size. Mine is on the right and it is a king size, a big king . It hangs to the bottom of the box springs and all of the way to the floor at the foot end of the bed. I remembered that I didn't put a pic. of the kids on trick or treat night. Here it is. Nick, Korey, Gabby and Nick's youngest brother with his mom Ashton. They look pretty scarey. Ashton is the coyboy.

I found out saturday that I won a prize from the shop hop that I went on in October with my aunt. I have to go to Birds of a Feather in Avon to pick it up. I think we will do that on saturday. I don't know what I won I will have to post that later after I find out. Happy Quilting!

No comments: