Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Started A New Quilt

Well I did what I said I wasn't going to do, I started a new quilt yesterday. I am doing Thimbleberries Fatty Fatty 2x4. I spent yesterday and today cutting and cutting. I am using all of my leftover fabric from TB kits that I have done. So that means that it has a little bit of everything in it from Christmas to whatever. I did have to cut some fat quarters too but not many. I had lots of strips left from a sweatshirt workshop that my quilt club did last year and used the ones that where wide enough. I think that I have enough cut that I won't have to put any borders on it. The pattern for the king size has borders only on the sides and not the top and bottom. I didn't like that. If I am going to put borders on a quilt I am going to put them on all four sides. I think that the quilt looks undone with them only on two sides. I know that some of you don't like to do scrappy quilts but I think the more fabrics the better for some quilts. I do like and do some planned quilts but right now I can't buy any fabric so I am doing a little stash busting on my own. Gotta go sew so I can get this done.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I love this pattern and agree with you about the borders. I didn't like the king size version of the pattern and decided that if I do a king, it would include extra blocks, not side borders.