Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My blog

Wow, I didn't realize how long its been! Did you miss me? I have been missing since June of last year. I think I was on strike from blogging because I got tired of people pointing out when I hadn't blogged in a while, but I never intended to be gone this long. I have decided to do my own thing and post when I want to and not when they tell me that I should! Sorry Aunt Mary it wasn't because of you. I have been out to the barn a few times in the last couple of weeks. I had some blocks to do for the family exchange. I did bowtie blocks that turned out pretty cute even if I had to say so myself. I also worked on my arrowhead blocks that we worked on last year(I should have had my quilt done last year as it was a project that the family group worked for last year). Grandson Nick still likes to help me out by doing my ironing. He does a good job with that so I started teaching him to use the rotary cutter. He didn't do a very good job on the first block but did much better on the rest. I think I will use the first one on the back of the quilt if I ever get enough blocks done to make a quilt with. He really wants to learn to sew on the machine but I worry about sewn fingers and things like that and yet I left him use my cutter. Don't make much sense to me. I would post pictures of the blocks but I seem to have misplaced my camera. I have the usb cord and the battery charger but not the camera its self. Maybe it is hiding in the same place as Butch's ipod shuffle and when I find one I will find both. That would be nice.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Welcome back! Maybe we'll actually see each other some time soon. :-)