Thursday, June 2, 2011

What I did on my last day off

On my last day off I decided to go out to the barn and to do a little sewing. I wanted to make this quilt top that I had seen over at Babyboomers blog. It really caught my eye when I saw it and I knew I had to make one. So I did. Do you see what is wrong with this picture? What, I turned 5, count them, 5, squares the wrong way. I was not a happy camper when I saw what I had done. So then I had a date with my seamripper to unsew what I had done wrong.
Now it is all better and waiting for some kind of border or borders. And thanks to hubby for holding it up for me. I really like this little quilt top and the pattern and I see myself making more of these. At least one more for my youngest grand daughter. What I really liked is that you can change the size of the quilt by changing the size of the squares that you use for your HST"s. I used 2" squares and was really lazy and didnt square them up and I won't do that again, nothing lined up for me. My next one will be made with thangles in a bigger size. Besides all of that I do like it but what do I want a blue and orange mini quilt for? I used the fabric that was on my cutting table. Hmmm maybe I could give it to my step daughter, she likes the Denver Broncos. Ok everyone has been saying that they have been having trouble with blogger and now I am, it won't let me publish my post with out going to my list of posts and doing it from there. Is it blogger or is it something that I did?

2 comments:

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like that!! I thought maybe the boo boos were a part of a master plan.... ;-)

alfabuilding said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and knowledge on this topic. This is really helpful and informative,
builders in Clapham