Friday, March 5, 2010

More Barn News

Nick and the 2 kids from Hell went out to the barn tonight to help me put the last cabinet together. Big mistake!!! We did get the cabinet together but I had to send the 2 little ones back in. I did not want to get my head bashed in with my hammer or my eye put out with a screw driver. Nick did help me with it and he did a lot. My big board ironing board will go to the right of this one. My uncle Henry made my big board for me. I want to have a stand of some kind built for it so I can put my fridge under it. Gotta keep the cans of Coke cold some how. {or beer}
It looks good where it is at and yes I can get into the big cabinet. My butt still fits between them. These two cabinets add lots more room for the stash. I think I will have to paint the insides because it is bare wood but that can wait for warm weather.

Mom got me the three drawer units for christmas 2 years ago and they fit in there very nicely. I will use them for some smaller things like velcro, elastic and that kind of stuff.


My new cutting mat fit on top and leaves me room to stack my parts when I cut them out. The only thing with this cabinet is that when you lean on the front of it, it tips forward so I have to have the handy man come and attach it to the wall. I wonder how long it will take him to get that done. I have to do something with the big crack in between the doors too.



Isn't this the cutest little night light you ever saw? One of my secret sisters got it for me and I saved it just for the barn. The kids and I am going to start moving some things in tomorrow and I hope I can get some son help to move my sewing machine cabinet. I don't think that the kids can help with that. It is way too heavy for them. They can carry books and fabric though.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wish I was there to help you move in - I'm so excited for you! Will you have cable out there?