Thursday, August 26, 2010

What I Found In My Watermellon

We went the the farm market sunday and bought some mellons, one was a watermellon. I cut it open tonight and this is what it looked like inside. I had never seen a yellow watermellon. Now I have! When did these come about? I have to say that it was as good as a red one.
Now I have to show what Butch does with Shawn when Shawn gets on his nerves. Just a friendly little tussel in the living room. Butch won this round.

Sorry to be showing this quilt again but I had an idea for the borders and wanted to know what you think. With all that is going on with all the different colors in the blocks how would a border of all the different backgrounds used in the center? I am thinking of a 2 1/2" wide and cutting them 4 1/2" long like the block units. I know that will be alot of work but if I use a fabric that looks like a solid for the outside border, the border of background would frame the blocks better that any color print. So what do you think? I still haven't decided what color for the outside border.


2 comments:

milan quilt builders said...

Pick out one color that really pops and use that for the border. Bring it to the Melon Fest so we can look at it and give you ideas.

Alycia said...

Huh, I am not very good at picking out borders, but I LOVE the quilt!! And - yellow watermelon - we got one too and it was super sweet!!! I was surprised!