Monday, June 1, 2009

We had water everywhere

On May 27 the rains came. The weather service issued a flash flood warning for Fremont OH.



The top two pictures show our neighbors back yard and ours. His on the left and ours on the right. The next one shows the neighbors down the road. This is the first time that the creek flooded into our yard like that.

This shows the flood on the street that we have to drive on to get to our road. I usually get stuck on the wrong side at least once a year and have to wade home. Nick was with me once and he thought it was the funniest thing to do. The first time it flooded after we moved here I flooded my car because I didn't think it was that deep. It was not as bad as this time. This time DH was stranded on the other side with me. Shawn waded through the part that wasn't too deep and helped me get his dad and the wheelchair through some back yards so I could get him home. We still had to wade through some but it was only ankle deep. If you look at the bottom picture to the left of the stop sign you can see the back of a car that was parked on the street, it was in up to the bottom of the windows. It no longer works. The stop sign is on my street. It was chest deep past the car that got drowned.
Sorry I just looked over what I wrote the other day and discovered that I had put in March instead of May, I have changed it.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG - I had no idea you got flooded. I'm glad it didn't get to your barn! Guess that's a pretty good excuse for not updating your blog!

Unknown said...

OK, now that the date of the flood has changed from Marchy to May, I am taking back my compliment on that's a good excuse for not up dating your blog! What the heck have you been doing - inquiring minds want to know and see!