Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sleeping Angel and a Quilt Top

Zoey knew where to go when she was ready for a nap. All of the littles have taken their naps on Grandpa as its the softest and the warmest place in the house. Nick used to crawl up behiind him to watch tv and to nap and at 10 he still does that.
My new quilt top. After seeing this on a friends blog I had to try it. I like it even though it didn't turn out the way I thought it would. I bought my jellyrolls at Joann's and I had to buy 2 of them to get enough strips but instead of having 2 of each fabric I had 4. I think that is what made my fabrics clump together. No matter, the kids will still fight over who gets to use it. They always do! The greatest thing about doing this quilt was it only took me 1 hour and 30 minutes to sew it and that includes my pressing time. I will be making more of these. I might start cutting my strips from my stash to make more of these. I wonder how many I can make before I use it all up? It felt really good to be in the Barn again. I hadn't been out there for awhile. My son came out to visit while I was sewing and when he left he forgot to close the door and the kitty from next door came for a visit too. Good thing I saw her come in or I could have had a big mess in there. Well it is time to get ready for work as I have to go in a 4:00 today. HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It's so good to see a post from you! Let's see if you can do it again later this week!