Saturday, January 10, 2009

Snowy day at home

This is just what to do on a snowy sat. afternoon. Gabby crawled up on the couch with grandpa and promtly fell asleep. So did grandpa for a while till Gabby made his legs fall asleep. We are getting a lot of snow. So far we are not getting any wind with it but that is going to come later this evening.
I had a brainstorm on how I could show how much snow we have gotten since yesterday so I stuck a ruler in the snow on top of the fridge we keep on our deck. It shows that we have a little over 8" at 3:30pm The other picture shows how much is piled up on top of it. Then I had to take a picture of our gate on the deck with the snow on top of the pickets. I think it looks like wide rick rack. Korey and Gabby just left and Butch Nick and I have to go to the store to get some things for tomorrow. We are having our family christmas at Elmwood where my Grandma lives. I have things to make for my covered dish but I didn't get our gifts for the exchange. My guild meeting for this morning was canceled. I hate when we have to do that because I always enjoy the me time with the ladies. But it was a big safety issue with the roads being bad. It was also a sewing day but we will have that at a later meeting. We are going to be making pillowcases for kids. They are fun to do and my grandkids like the ones that I have made for them. Time for me to go so we can get back here soon, have a great snow day and keep the sewing machines zooming through the patches so you can get that quilt done and on the bed. Karen



No comments: